Hello, today’s sermon was on Isaiah 8 and 9.
His 5 main points were:
1. Oppression: We are first under oppression, before we are saved. The men in Isaiah 8 were in the darkness, and turning to the earth for answers.
2. Illumination: Jesus is the light of the world. We are illuminated in Him when we come to Him.
3. Celebration: We celebrate in Jesus.
4. Liberation: We are also liberated in Jesus. We are set free from our sins. Isaiah 9 talks about no war.
5. Incarnation: In Isaiah 9 the prophet says that to us a child is born. Jesus is the answer and fulfillment to all of those things. Oppression: Jesus takes away our oppression, and He was oppressed for us. Illumination: Jesus is the light of the world, and He is the light to our darkness. Celebration: Jesus is the reason why we celebrate. Liberation: Jesus frees us from our oppression. Jesus was oppressed for us, and by dying on the cross He freed us from our sin and oppression. The hopes and fears of all the years are met in Jesus.
Peace and love, Joy Cleveland